Thursday, August 4, 2016

Deluxe Nashville Tele

I haven't played my Deluxe Nashville Tele in quite some time. The action was just a mess and it was buzzing most anywhere above the twelfth fret. I had been meaning to get it in to the shop for a setup for some time now but just never seemed to get around to it. So I decided to roll up my sleeves and do the setup myself. After a slight tweak on the truss rod, bridge saddle height and intonation she's playing beautifully again. Now I'll just have to give her a workout at church Sunday morning.

Update: Played her Sunday morning and now I remember how much I enjoy playing this guitar. We did a four song worship set and I think I used four of the five pickup positions and each one just shined. I'll definitely be working her back into the Sunday morning rotation.

No comments: